Saturday, May 15, 2010

Swatch Fwatch

Have I mentioned how much I hate swatching? For real. Hate. I know it's necessary, but I don't like it. It delays my project starting process and is just annoying. Here's my swatch for my Featherweight Cardigan that I would like to knit sometime this century.

Featherweightswatch

This swatch should be 4" across. I am exactly a 1/2" off. Which is much better than the 1-1/4" off I was before I washed the swatch. This means going up a needle size will work. Most of my anger about swatching came before the washing. It looked like I was going to have to swatch a few more times before getting what I needed. I guess this means that I'm not all that mad at swatching afterall. I changed my own mind. Now, if I knit this sweater and it's a bagillion times too big or small, I will go back to hating on the swatch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment