Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring Forward

I finished my Spring Forward socks and I'm very excited. I only started knitting them in (cough) December of '09.

Spring Forward Socks Done


The first sock went VERY smoothly. I can't say the same for the second sock, however. I had to restart that sock at least four times! I kept screwing up and when I'm working with fingering weight yarn and size 1 needles, little can be fixed without ripping. Anyway, I hope the person I am gifting them to, loves them and that they get a lot of wear. I used Wollmeise in Fleiderbusch and I absolutely ADORE the color.

Well, with the Girasole and the Spring Forward socks done, I was left with no works in progress! Can you believe it? I'm not counting the old old projects that I haven't touched in years, of course. So...I decided to cast on for this.

Tuva


I'm using Bryspun needles for the first time (size 4) and I feel that the hat is really quite small. I'm also not really like knitting with plastic. I'm going to truck along, though and hopefully it will turn out the way I want.

The homefront has calmed down, but it always does. We;ll see how it goes next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment