Sunday, February 21, 2010

Back to the future, I mean blog.

Yes, that's right. I'm back to blogging. I'm talking to my millions of readers here?

(echo echo echo echo)

*cough* Who am I kidding?

Well, now that I'm back to knitting, I've finished three projects in the last three weeks.

EMelody2

This is my second Melody Shawl. This one is knit in Cashmere Silk Lace from The Plucky Knitter, someone who has become a favorite indie yarn colorist of mine. This yarn is ferosh. I love this scarf. It's been done for a week and I still haven't mailed it to my sister. I can't bear parting with it. Good thing I have lots more stashed so I can eventually make one for myself.

I've also knit a Darkside Cowl and Eternity Scarf as of late. I'll post pics of those another day. This Melody Shawl steals the show for me.

So, I'm newly obsessed with knitting again. I'm so glad! I really took some time off to get acquainted with my new family and new digs. Being a stepmother is a challenge, but it's also a lot of fun. I think one of the biggest challenges for me has been learning about how different middle school and high school is now, compared to when I was there. There are things they know about at 10, that I didn't know until I was 17! All I can hope is that they grow up happy and well-adjusted. I want to give them what my stepmother gave me!

The wife part of this equation....well, that is the easy part! Especially when you have a husband who is so NOT a typical guy. He works, I am job searching. I have been basically been a homemaker/housewife for five months now, which I love...but he is just the best. Some days are off days, ya know? I might forget to throw in the laundry or just not feel like putting the dishes in the dishwasher after I cook a two hour meal. He jumps right in! I couldn't be more thankful for him! Never complains...gives me all the love I need. what more could I ask for : )

Back to the knitting. I am working on Spring Forward socks currently. I had to take a break from the second sock because I had to restart it TEN MILLION TIMES. Ok, not ten million, but really close! I am going to pick it back up tomorrow.

I want to cast on for The 16 Cable Hat with my luscious Squoosh MCN Worsted in this colorway:

Hot Fuschia

I'm not sure where this hat will fall into my WIPs yet. We shall see and I will definitely keep you posted! It feels so good to be back!

1 comment:

  1. I have oodles of plucky and squoosh in my stash too. It's fun to visit it now and then and ask it what it wants to be. Knit on :)

    ReplyDelete