Thursday, July 23, 2009

Like Chocolate

I started knitting the pattern Melody's Shawl by Melody Moore the other day. It's a lot of stockinette, but I'm knitting it in 100% Cashmere lace so it's definitely keeping my interest.



The cool thing about this pattern is that it is joined and knit in the round. The scary thing about this pattern is that you have to cut it at the end of the pattern in order to open up the shawl. Since I have to knit 256 stiches into 15 or so inches of stockinette, I'm guessing it will be a while until I have to worry about it :) As of today I have 5 inches complete. Gosh, this is the softest yarn ever, and I'm sure it's going to be an addiction.

I really need a camera that can take decent pictures!!! I just can't capture the colors perfectly.

Anyway, this weekend is the Lowell Folk Festival so I will probably be stuck Downtown all weekend. The lady at my parking garage didn't give me too much confidence that even though I pay $50 a month for my spot, that I would actually have one if I choose to leave and come back. That sucks. I might walk down and catch some of the action myself :) I love music, so it should be enjoyable. Just wish I had Hank here to share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment