Sunday, February 28, 2010

Castonitis

I have it. I finished the Eternity Scarf and the Melody Shawl and immediately cast on two other projects, one of which I thought would be quick and the other of which I thought would be challenging.

Both have turned out to be sitting there untouched as of yesterday.


First, I had this wild idea that I didn't want to use worsted weight yarn for my 16 cable hat. So, I wound up two hanks of Plucky fingering weight yarn to do it instead. The cool thing is, that if this hat is too small, I have a 10 year old in the house that will fit into it perfectly. The not so cool thing is that knitting with two strands held together hurts like nobody's bidness. Here it is so far:

16 cable hat

Like the sunglasses? I was too lazy to move them out of the way for the picture. I just took the dog for a long walk, what do you want from me? ;) It's going to be gorgeous, that is, if I ever finish it!

The other project I cast on for, is the Traveling Woman shawl. I was excited to cast on for this one. I mean, I did the Ishbel and it came out great! There are forces, however, that are not working with me in this case. Both of which have nothing to do with this pattern or this lovely yarn. The DOG. She wants to eat it. She is constantly finding it, wherever it may be. Then, she grabs the cake of yarn and runs to the other end of the house. Needless to say, I have not fixed the dropped, or should I say mutilated, stitches yet. This colorway is hard to photograph. It's much more red than rust or orange. It's really beautiful, and I think, if I do end up fixing this or starting over, or whatever, it will end up looking great.

A sneak peek:

Traveling woman

And lastly, for your viewing pleasure, here is what I did last evening:

Vino for Mino

No comments:

Post a Comment