Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Challenge

So, about that cowl I was working on. The dog got a hold of it, tore the inside of the ball outward and made a mess of my cashmere lace. There have been numerous attempts to salvage it and keep going. There was a point where I just had to put it away until I had the patience to finish it. I only have an inch to go! I WILL get back to it at some point.

I took a wee knitting break. It was probably only about a week and a half, but a nice one at that. I decided I really wanted to knit a blanket. I mean, I wanted to knit something over the top nice and intricate. I downloaded the pattern for Girasole a while ago. Never thought I'd knit it. Always wanted to. I ordered the yarn and cast on and now I'm moving along!

Girasole-ChartB

I'm on Chart B. I've been part of a fabulous Knit Along (KAL) on Ravelry too, and I know if I hit any real snags they will be able to help me, which is a HUGE weight off my shoulders. I'm knitting this out of 220 Superwash in Japanese Maple. So far so good! I just have to be careful not to try to get ahead of myself. The first few charts look pretty easy, but I think it gets a lot more complicated.

Spring has sprung in Louisiana. There is pollen EVERYWHERE. I am not exaggerating. It's thick and you can't get rid of it. We need a good day of rain. Maybe then I will be able to breathe again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment