Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A New Blanket

I DID IT. I knit a Girasole!! I can't even describe how happy this makes me. I have never, in my life, knit something that was this complicated and that took so long to complete. When I say complicated, I don't actually mean it, either. This pattern is so clearly written that the only mistakes I made were out of my own stupidity. I only THOUGHT it would be complicated.

Knitters, if you love the look of this blanket, and long to have one sitting on the back of your couch, or draped over your bed, KNIT IT. It can be done! I'm so not kidding. I thought I would, for sure, make some unfixable mistake or get stuck on the pattern and never finish it. I did finish it, and you can too!!

Girasole2


Please excuse the unwoven ends and my blue carpet. We need hardwood floors. Bad.

Girasole3


This picture shows the pattern nicely, but does not correctly reflect the color.

Girasole


This shows the color perfectly! What to do next? Besides weave in those ends, I mean! I think I should finish the two WIPs I have on my project page on Ravelry. Yes, I should finish them. But will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment